We regard security of your personal data and protection of your privacy to be of the utmost importance. As the operator of this website, Vayu Retreat Villas and Akaya Collection Group would like to inform you on this page which personal data we collect, what your data is used for, and what it means for you when you use our personalized services. In order to provide the greatest possible protection of your privacy, we of course observe the data protection regulations in accordance with the data protection laws and other complementary laws.
Our websites may contain links to websites of other providers which are not covered by the data protection declaration. We have no influence whether their operators abide by the data protection regulations.
Akaya Collection Group & Vayu Retreat Villas, that operate the following hotel and travel agency website; vayuretreatvillas.com, know as the “website(s)”
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY DO WE COLLECT IT:
We collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your booking. The sort of personal data we collect is information that you provide to us, that we collect from you or observe about you, or that we obtain from other sources.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- When you make a booking or other purchase or enquiry we will ask you for your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. We need to collect this information in order to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting.
- If you enter a competition or promotion, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with any of our Services, we will collect your name and relevant contact information and any other personal information you choose to give us.
- We may ask to see and retain a copy of passport details and other identification documents if, for example, you are checking in at the hotel.
- If you contact us online via email, messenger services, SMS or by any other relevant means we may keep a record of your e-mail or other correspondence, if you call us by telephone, we may monitor and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons.
- If, when using our Services, you make a holiday/travel search on our website or with one of our travel consultants and you enter or provide any of your personal data (including telephone number and/or e-mail address), but do not make a booking or other purchase, we will keep and use the data you’ve provided for a limited time and purpose, as mentioned below.
To help us keep your information current, accurate and complete, please ensure you tell us if anything needs to be changed.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND/OR OBSERVE ABOUT YOU
Based on how you have used our Services in the past and your activity on our website, social media channels, or with our contact centre, we collect the following personal data about you:
- Details of the services we have provided to you in the past, including your previous travel arrangements, such as holidays and other purchases, and matters related to those arrangements, such as details of your previous requirements or complaints.
- We collect details of your visits to our webite (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and weblogs) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and of the resources that you access. We use third party technology services, such as Google Analytics to administer these services.
- We collect details of website(s) you visited before you use a link to our webite, pages visited in our website, and time spent on each page.
- We may collect information about your computer (or mobile device/tablet) including, where available, your IP address, operating system, device location, browser type, cookie identification numbers, for system administration purposes, our own marketing purposes . This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and any reports we share do not identify any individuals.
- Images of you taken on our CCTV systems at our premises – used for your and our own security.
PERSONAL DATA OBTAINED FROM OTHER SOURCES
We might also receive your personal data from third party sources who collect information about you on our behalf.
- If you tell a third party that you would like to receive marketing communications from Akaya Collection Group or Vayu Retreat Villas, they will securely transfer your contact details and marketing preferences to us.
- If you book one of our villas/holidays through a third party travel agent, certain personal data (as applicable to your booking, such as your name, date of birth or any special requirements you have) will be passed to us to provide the services you have requested/booked.
- If you complete any of our customer feedback questionnaires/surveys, the information you provide will be processed on our behalf and provided to us by a third party.
WE MAY PASS YOUR DATA TO RELEVANT THIRD PARTIES.
How do we use your information when providing our services to you:
In order to provide our services to you, we use the information we hold in a number of different ways. We process your information either because it is necessary for us to do so as part of a contract you enter into, or because we have a legitimate business reasons for doing so.
The following activities are carried out by us using your personal data because it is necessary in relation to a contract which you have entered into or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract;
- Administering your booking internally and communicating your booking externally with our suppliers, to ensure the services you have requested are arranged;
- To communicate with you regarding your booking or any other purchase(s), including sending booking confirmation and documents;
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so:
- To improve customer experience:
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To ensure that content from our website, and booking systems is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
To protect our business against financial loss;
- For debt collection or credit vetting;
- For payment card and booking verification (including using Google reCAPTCHA on our website(s) to ensure only genuine customer bookings are made).
To maintain a safe and secure environment and prevent and detect criminal activity;
- Using CCTV in our premises.
To promote our business, improve our products and services;
- To send marketing correspondence about products and services similar to those you have previously bought from us. You can opt out and object to our sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be included in every marketing message we send you. See the section ‘When and how do we use your information for marketing for more information’.
- To contact you if you make an enquiry with us on our website but do not complete a booking to check if there was a problem or you need any assistance to book;
For internal research/analysis to improve the quality of our Services, the products we offer and new products we are developing by:
- Inviting customers to take part in surveys or customer/business discussion groups;
- Using aggregated customer data to make informed decisions based on analysis of customer booking or other purchase trends and behaviours.
- To promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
WHAT IS OUR APPROACH TO DATA SECURITY:
We take data security very seriously.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website(s), therefore any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure and to try to prevent any unauthorised access, use or loss of your data, by putting in place appropriate security measures and limiting access to those who have a business need to know. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We do not store customer card data on our internal systems. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website(s), you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We have a process to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the ICO of a breach where legally required to do so.
What happens when you follow a link from our website to a third party website:
Our website(s) include links to other websites which include privacy policies of their own.
Our website(s) contains links to and frames of websites of our principals, suppliers, advertisers and other third parties. You can tell when a third party is involved in supplying a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you follow a link or otherwise use any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these third party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Essential Cookies
Some cookies are essential to make our website(s) work properly and to allow you to make your travel booking or other purchases and enable us to fulfil your purchase requests
- Customer Experience Cookies (Analytics, Customisation & Tracking)
These types of cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website(s) and allow us to track your experience between different devices to improve our website(s) or the way we provide our service to customers .
- Advertising Cookies
Third party adverts on our Sites and social media: This type of advertising is intended to provide you with a selection of products/services that you’ve viewed on other third party websites, or social media channels, which are presented to you by our agency when you visit our website(s) or social media channels. The adverts may feature variations on the products/services that might be considered relevant to your browsing history on these other third party websites.
We may use advertising solutions to serve you these advertisements. Where we share data for the purposes mentioned above, it is encrypted and does not include your name.
- If you choose to remove cookies as parts of websites you are on, they may not work properly or your use of the website may be impaired.
- If you choose to use this website you are on without declining any non-essential cookies, then your use will constitute implied consent to the non-essential cookies that are set.
You can accept or decline advertising, and customer experience (analytics, customisation and tracking) cookies at any time by using the ‘Manage Cookies’ link above.
You can opt-out of any third-party advertising networks using your information for interest-based advertising.
You will need to opt-out on each device you use to access our website(s).
Your information will not be shared with our third party advertising network partners for the purpose interest-based advertising if you opt-out, however, you will continue to receive interest-based advertising from Vayu Retreat Villas and/or Akaya Collection Group and its business partners when using one of our webite(s).
Please note these opt-out mechanisms use a cookie on your device, and if you clear the cookies from your browser it will ‘forget’ the opt-out.
Alternatively you can review cookies by accessing the preference panels from your browser’s main menu (usually found under ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Options’). Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn’t tracked, for example by third party advertisers or social networks, or analytic companies. No industry-wide agreed standard to determine how DNT requests should be managed has been put in place, so our website(s) don’t currently support DNT requests. Until that standard is established, we’ll continue to review DNT and other new technologies, but won’t respond to DNT requests.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us (at) firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request (at) oxygenjunglevillas.com.
Amend – You may contact us (at) email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request (at) firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION