Coming to Costa Rica
When arranging your flight to come to Costa Rica you will select Juan Santamaría International Airport or SJO.
Vayu Retreat Villas Is located in the Southern Zone of Costa Rica in the Osa Peninsual. We are 6 minutes off the main Costanera Highway and about 60 minutes south of Manuel Antonio National Park, or 45 min north of Corcovado National Park.
Once in Costa Rica getting here is easy – you have a couple options.
1. Fly Locally
- Best option if you want to get to Vayu right away in the shortest time
- Fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), Costa Rica
- Take a (20mins) connecting flight to Quepos Airstrip (XQP). Sansa Airlines offers daily flights to Quepos. These flights depart from a small terminal within walking distance of (SJO) Click here to book your local flight
- From Quepos Vayu is another 45 min
- If you plan to rent a car in Quepos and drive yourself you can rent a car with Adobe here They will meet you at the airport.
- After that simply put Vayu Retreat Villas into Google Maps or WAZE and follow the directions
- We can also arrange a shuttle to pick you up and bring you directly here *additioanl fee.
2. Let us arrange a Private Drive
- Best option if you’d prefer to travel in complete comfort
- We’ll meet you at Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), Liberia International Airport (LIR), or from anywhere else in Costa Rica. We will bring you directly to the hotel
- You’ll travel in an air-conditioned, WiFi equipped, luxury 4×4 vehicle with complimentary water and snacks
- Your private driver will happily stop along the way for bathroom breaks or photo opportunities —like the famous crocodiles of the Tarcoles River
- Contact us here with all your flight details and we will arrange everything for you.
- Cost ~ $250 USD
3. Drive from San José to Vayu
- Fly into Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO)
- Vayu can only be reached through the Carretera Pacífica Highway. (the main central highway in Costa Rica)
- From San Jose, rent a vehicle (you do not need a 4x4 to come to Vayu - but id you plan to go high in the mountains we suggest a 4x4) follow the driving directions (~4hrs) using WAZE or Google Maps CLICK HERE for preferred rates on rental cars at Adobe
- Simply Put VAYU RETREAT VILLAS in WAZE or Google Maps and follow the directions
- Please only drive the major highways to Vayu. Highways are paved, 2-laned and well-maintained
- Along the way there will be plenty of places to stop and get refreshments
- Please have some cash on hand (preferably USD) as there are a couple toll roads (general cost is $1- 2)